Sunday, August 16, 2020

Economical, or what!

 A couple of posts back I mentioned that I was getting an economical 55mpg out of the Duster, but now we are back on the road and allowed out to play, things are getting interesting.

First we have been running from home to Exeter at regular intervals. Half of the route is along the A30 so cruising around 65-70mph is the norm. On the round trip we have averaged about 58mpg.

On days when my dear wife takes me out for a 'mooch' - touring the lanes, looking for some unsuspecting flowers and vistas to photograph - we rarely get above 50mph, and are usually under 30 (they are that kind of lane!). These times are when things get strange. Today, after filling with diesel in Bideford and resetting all the readings, we got home after some 35+ miles having averaged 67.7 mpg. Now I reckon them hybrid things would be pushed to get that - so I am well chuffed (not good English, but it conveys the appropriate emotion) with that!

Do you remember the antics on the Mobil Economy Runs of the 1960s?

What do you think?

No comments: