Wednesday, August 30, 2006

August update

Thought it was about time I posted again. As usual during a Bank Holiday week I lose track of the days - it's Wednesday already!

AJ got his first pay packet. That really impressed him - until he saw how much Her Majesty's Inland Revenue deducted! "Welcome to the real world!" I said. "Mum and I have yet to deduct your house-keep as well." That really made his day!

Timetables for the new academic year are not going according to plan for my boss. She is trying desperately to track down teachers so that they can tell her where the students are supposed to be - when there are more than 1700, there are quite a few spaces to fill!

Oh! On the performance front, our school had their best ever year for 5+ A*-C grade GCSEs with just over 71%, so everyone is happy - except the head; she thinks we should have done better. Glass half full or glass half empty? I think it was a good result, but then again I am now bottom of the food chain!

We're looking forward to 'admission season' finishing at the end of September then we can get some time off, especially Julie who is working long hours at the college - we'll get 'Serena' out and about and breathe some country air.

The website has been updated, the new style is a bit 'moderner' than the rather dated pages although the old pages are still available should you wish to browse.

What's all this Beta Blog stuff? I'm only just getting the hang of this one - I'd better check it out ...

No comments: