Saturday, September 02, 2006

Back to School

Well, it is for some. Some of us have been there all through the summer, making sure everything is ready for the start of the new school year.

AJ is getting ready to resume his A Levels at college, Julie is enrollling new students at hers and I am preparing for my new season as Safety Rep for Unison at my school. This should be interesting as, prior to my excursion to the NHS, I was on the other side of the fence as H&S Administrator in the same establishment! Hmmm! I'm not short of the theory or its practise - but dealing with things from the staff side will need a different approach.

We've still got Sunday to go before the onslaught of the tiny sevens, and on Tuesday the rest of the rabble arrive - not least the teachers. We'll soon find out what we've forgotten, or got wrong over the break. I'm gonna put some new systems in to action to try and streamline my job, and hopefully the teachers can start using e-mail and electronic storage to reduce the amount of paper generated.

I'll let you know what happens ...

No comments: